Friday, October 10, 2008

H is for Helper (Community Helper)

We learned about 3 community helpers. The firefigher, the police officer and the doctor. The kids enjoyed the crafts we made. We put together a fire truck puzzle, made a police hat, and made a doctor's bag. We also learned songs to go with each community helper. The songs were all sung to the tune of "I'm a little teapot".

The Firefighter:

I'm a firefighter
Dressed in red
With my fire hat
On my head.
I can drive the fire truck
Fight fires too
And help to make things
Safe for you.

The Police Officer:

I'm a police officer
Dressed in blue
If you have a problem
I'll help you
Call me on the phone
At 9-1-1
And I'll be coming on the run.

The Doctor:

I'm a helpful doctor
Dressed in white
I help people feel better day and night
When you get hurt or sick
Come see me
I'll get you all fixed
Just as quick as can be.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Thanks for thinking of Ellie and sending her all the fun stuff you did yesterday. Missing preschool is by far the worst part about being sick for her...so thank you!

alexandra said...

Gavin keeps taking out his "doctor's bag" to help everyone. Great idea!